Friday, October 23, 2009

Music for the ocean....

Recently I had the good fortune to be able to offer some of my music, which had literally been sitting on the shelf for years, to the service of the ocean.

My friends photographer Chris Jordan, cinematographer Jan Vozelinek and filmmaker Bill Weaver took a journey to Midway Island, smack in the middle of the Pacific Ocean on the other side of the world. They were there to document, with a writer and a poet, the massive amount of plastic that is in a place so far from civilization that there should be no plastic at all.

I met Chris, Jan and Bill at the Media That Matters Conference at Hollyhock in May, I realized that I wanted to give more of my music in service to social change. As I listened to the tweets of their journey, I realized they might be able to use some more music, and I had a whack of mine which had literally been sitting on the shelf for years.

The cinematography is breathtaking, belying the tragedy all around. Enjoy the videos, then read more about the Journey to Midway.


Video by Jan Vozenilek. Music by Vanessa LeBourdais.


Video by Bill Weaver. Cinematography by Jan Vozenilek. Voiceover by Chris Jordan. Interviewee: Matt Brown. Music by Vanessa LeBourdais.


Video by Jan Vozenilek. Music by Vanessa LeBourdais.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog